If you are concerned that fats could damage your health and make you put on weight then be aware that not all fats are the same.
If you are consuming unhealthy fats which can be called trans fats and hydrogenated fats which are are processed and heated to a high temperature, then these can actually cause health and hormonal issues and weight gain. Foods bought in shops such as biscuits, cakes, snacks, margarine, commercially packaged items, convenience foods, poor quality foods etc. usually contain these fats. Poor quality carbohydrates are best avoided and sugar as it turns to fat which has negative health implications.
However, good fats which are known as essential fats and omega fats can improve your health and help you to balance your hormones and weight.
Some fat facts…
- Essential fats such as flax oil, sesame oil, olive oil, hemp oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, pumpkin seed oil etc. are the fats which help to keep your appetite at bay.
- Adding these fats to your food will help keep you fuller and satisfied for longer so you won’t feel as hungry and be tempted to snack on sweets and crisps etc.
- A low fat diet is likely to health and hormonal issues, also causing carbohydrate cravings which may lead to weight gain.
How to introduce healthy fats into your diet…
- Pour on some oil onto meals. If you do cook with fats then the use coconut oil, or you can use either sesame oil or olive oil at very low temperatures, adding some coconut oil (which you can get flavourless).
- As a spread use butter or ghee instead of margarine and if you are vegan then use coconut oil (flavoured or unflavoured).
- Take a fish oil supplement such as Organic Scandinavian Rainbow Trout Oil by Viridian, which comes in liquid and now available in capsules. If you are vegetarian or vegan I would recommend Marine Phytoplankton either by the Health Factory (email firstname.lastname@example.org for price list and more info) or from Revolution Foods – CLICK HERE for info and website and type the code VITALITY to receive a 10% discount off your order (excluding postage).
- Raw nuts and seeds in moderation are great to eat regularly although they do contain enzyme inhibitors which can make them hard to digest. To help alleviate this soak them for approximately 8 hours in sea salted water, rinse and eat straight away or make a batch and dry a very low temperature in the oven and then they can be stored in the fridge for future use. You can buy them ready activated in some health shops and online.
You can buy Organic Scandinavian Rainbow Trout Oil in liquid and capsule form, as well as many natural health supplements and health products from Natural Dispensary – www.naturaldispensary.co.uk Complete the online registration form, putting Julie Silver in the box which asks for the name of the Practitioner who referred you. Type in the name of the product or brand in the search bar. You will need to register to see the prices and order. Postage is free if you spend £25 or more.
More health tips about healthy fats, recipes and health information is in my book Food Awakening – Nutrition for NOW, a non-judgmental guide to health & wellness. It is available to buy in paperback as well as Kindle. CLICK HERE for more details about the book. If you want to buy a signed copy please email me: email@example.com
Wishing you love & sparkly wellness wishes,
Vitality Fairy™ & Author of Food Awakening – Nutrition for NOW
Ambassador for World Health Innovation Summit #WHIS